As you are all aware, the novel coronavirus pandemic has affected nearly every aspect of our lives, including the life of this congregation. The church council and staff are doing their best to continue the ministries of Our Savior Lutheran Church (such as our online worship services and worship folders) while still keeping everyone safe. This is uncharted territory, but they are using their best judgment after gathering information from reliable sources.
This page will try to provide you with some of that same information.
– 4/1/2020 Northwest Washington Synod Considerations for Remote Council and Congregation Meetings during the COVID-19 Pandemic
– 5/9/2020 Letter from The Bishop – Counsel for Congregations and Ministry Sites
– 2/20/2021 COVID Vaccine Information Facebook group for locating vaccine opportunities: findaCOVIDshotWA. You can search the group in Facebook or click https://www.facebook.com/groups/findacovidshotwa/. The page is run by a volunteer group that is helping people find appointments. Once you sign up on the group page, you will get notifications and links to places that have appointments available.
– 3/9/2021 King County COVID-19 resources for community and faith-based organizations
– 3/31/2021 Washington State’s Vaccine Locator Tool
– 5/20/2021 In-Person Worship Guidelines
– 3/27/2022 Masks are no longer required in worship, however, Our Savior’s Executive Committee strongly suggests attendees continue to wear masks in worship, principally because of singing. This is in keeping with the Synod suggestion to continue masking when singing, around others at high risk, in crowded spaces, or with children under five.